Posted to rec.woodworking
Shopdog Shopdog is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

ok, I just got off the phone with Thompsons, I was told that in my region
due to EPA regs they are not allow to ship solvent based product. So, they
now make the water seal with a water base. It was always safe to use as the
solvent evaporated over a few days when it was solvent based and they say
that now since it is water based it is even more safe to use. Although, the
area to be treated MUST be completely moisture free.

As soon I started the conversation I was stopped in my tracks, the woman
said that everyone has been calling about the milky white product!

Searcher