Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Lay-Z-boy recliner foot mechanism chair is stuck in up position

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Isn't the mechansim guaranteed forever?

So the salesman will say over and over, but when you make a claim they will
tell you it is only for manufacturing defects, not for wear ----- useless
warranty, all hype with no protection.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Our Lay-Z-boy recliner, which is extra-tall, and made in Monroe,
Michigan, is stuck in the upright position. I mean the foot mechanism
will not got down. I have turned the chair on its side and have looked
and looked and can't find where it it stuck at. Has this every happened
to anyone? Any idea what usually goes wrong in these cases? I have
called Lay-Z-boy and did not a definitive solution. So our Lay-Z-boy
remains in the up position all the time, which is very difficult to get
in and out of. The extension part for the extra length is okay, that
part does retract, but still can't put the chair mechanism down.
Thanks! John