Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default ground rod drivers

On 16 Sep 2006 20:43:44 -0700, "
wrote:

Need to install some ground rods, is there a hammer drill adapter tool
for this? really hate the sledge routine.

actually were removing some planters at a friends to widen his driveway
and his ground rods are in the planters.

wonder if we could drive them deeper his idea my misguided buddy
suggested we pull them out and relocate them. i seriously doubt they
can be pulled out and reinstalled.

or install new ones about a foot away in a non drive area.

I've seen rod drivers for demo hammers and for rotary hammers. I
don't think a hammer drill has enough oomph to the impacts.

Make sure you don't puncture anything, like wires, gas pipes, or even
drain pipes.

Paul