Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

Greo O

You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the
motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions

Bruce

Greg O wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the saw's
motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven with a
small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the opposite end of
the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are gone on the belt
causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg