Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

Default Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Unless you have not tightened the arbor nut tight enough (which could easily
be the case from your description), the motor is shot. It isn't cost
effect to repair direct drive motors. You could replace it of course, but
that might not be cost effective either.

If it were mine, I would use this as an excuse to buy a contractor saw.
Most of them will outlast you.

Jim