Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default How to clean aluminum baking pans used for roasting. Scorched food residues. Black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

There is a product called aluminum foil which obviates the need for all
that elbow grease, etc. Don't generally like to advocate waste, but
here it's the foil(which is recyclable in some jurisdictions) vs. the
hot water and detergent. BTW when I have a large pan, but only regular
foil at hand, I combine two pieces with a tightly double- folded seam
like a metal roof seam, running something hard along it to seal.
Hardly ever leaks.