Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amarr vs Clopay garage door

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got a hold of Amarr and Clopay cust svc.
Clopay (Holmes/Home Depot) says their's is a nominal steel gauge rating
while Amarr (ReliaBilt/Lowe's) says theirs is a true gauge. I'm still
not sure how much difference that makes. I've searched the web a bit,
but if it were really that important I would expect there to be a lot
more info explaining it.

Doubt it makes any difference as you can be talking thousandths of an inch
difference. The thickness of the steel is a factor, but much more important
is what you do with it, how you form it, how you paint it, and how well the
hardware fits and works.