Posted to alt.home.repair
D J D J is offline

Default Converting from electric Heat to Natural Gas heat?

Hi All,

I just bought one house with Electric Heat in it and was thinking to
convert it to natural gas heat.

House is having four bed rooms, living room, kitchen, one bath room. I
heard from the utility company that the last gentlmen had an average of
200$ in Electric bill for last two years.. Which scared me off.

I live in NJ, north. Would it be a good idea to convert to natural gas
heat? I heard government is giving some subsidies and also loan
programs are available. But, I don't know what is given to whom and
also which companies are good at it.

Any help?

Thanks,
D J