Posted to uk.local.east-anglia,uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Hearing aid...needed

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
So, we go to the GP, who says

"Go to the hospital"

Who say

"You need a hearing aid".

Big deal. We knew that.

So we ask 'OK how long?'

"Six months. And it will be the one WE decide to give to YOU, but it
will be free.."

Great. So..anyone had experience of COMMERCIAL PROVISION - types,
models, providers and the like esp. in East Anglia?

For those of you who know what it means my wife looks like her hearing
shelves from normal at 100Hz down to -50dB at 750Hz, where it plateaus
before falling off a cliff after 2.5Khz..I doubt anything over 8kHz is
audible at all..

She wants something in ear, for comfort, rather than cosmetic
reasons...but 50dB is apparently the bleeding edge as far as 'in ear'
technology goes..

Digital would seem to be a must.

I suppose what we ant now is a place to go and try stuff out without
having to commit to anything..Bury/Cambridge/Newmarket/Ely sorts of
areas for choice...

uk.d-i-y?

make one from some string, two cans and a megaphone...
method:
Use the string to tie the wife to the chair, you sit on the other side of
the room, drink the cans and use the megaphone to talk to her.
:-p