Posted to alt.home.repair

Default single or double pole switch for 240V baseboard heater

" wrote in message
The baseboard heaters are 2000W. If I put 2 of them on the same 20A
circuit I am at 83% of the rated breaker capacity (I am using standard
Siemens breakers). Do I really need to put each one on its own
breaker?

Yes, 83 % is too high.

You cannot exceed 80% of the wire rating or of the breaker rating? I
thought it was of the breaker rating?

If the wire is properly matched, it works out to both.

And my real question is: are
baseboard heaters considered intermittent loads?

What is intermittent about a heating element that maybe on from a few
minutes to hours at a time?

I'm glad I'm not your tenant. You seem to want to cheap out on this and
potentially cause a serious safety situation. Use the right double pole
switch, use the right wiring.