Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rchewning1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cost of moving drain field / septic tank?

Hi all,

I am wondering what (approximately) is the cost of moving a septic
tank and drain field? I want to extend the back of my home, and add a
pool, and the drain field / tank is in the way.

I have looked into getting hooked up to city / county water, but
haven't had much luck finding that info. Just wanting some rough
estimates. My house has appreciated somewhere in the 70-80K range, so I
think it would be cost effective, but want to be sure what the costs
are.

I eventually plan to move the drain field and tank, extend the back
of my home about 5-10 feet, install a pool, and upgrade the A/C system
in my home. I have contacts in the pool building business, and my
family is in construction. Hopefully, that will save me a little bit.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Russ