Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Portable drill press/guide vs. Real drill press?

"blueman"
I am considering buying a portable drill press/guide (rather than a
benchtiop or standalone drill press) for the following
reasons:
- Don't really have the room for another big tool
- Cheaper (and would rather get good quality portable than low end
fixed drill press)

If you don't have room, make room. The drill press gets used more often in
my shop than many other tools. Its a versatile and essential machine.

Do yourself a big favor and buy a good (used) drill press.

The only portable drill press I have is the Milwaukee 4206 but that might be
a little to much for your purpose and its not too good when using it for
wood.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com