Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Portable drill press/guide vs. Real drill press?

I am considering buying a portable drill press/guide (rather than a
benchtiop or standalone drill press) for the following
reasons:
- Don't really have the room for another big tool
- I often need to drill things outside of my shop or that are already
attached tto the house
- A portable drill press can do most of the basics that I need to do
(e.g., accurate, straight drilling)
- Cheaper (and would rather get good quality portable than low end
fixed drill press)

Questions:
- Does my thinking seem right?
- What are some good brands and models to consider?
(I don't want to "waste" money on a tool that is either hard-to-use,
hard-to-setup, flimsy, or innacurate)

Any other insights welecome!
Thanks