Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Reinstating old outbuildings - need planning permission?

The message
from Owain contains these words:

AIUI existing footprint does not *entitle* you to rebuild, but
strengthens your application for permission.

What about the ins and outs of permitted development? ISTR that previous
extensions count provided they were made after a certain date so why
shouldn't a relatively recent demolition merely restore the previous
status quo?

Having written the above I went for a brief google and found on an
architects site:

"In this document any reference to the volume of the house means the
original as-built volume including any extension built before 1st July
1948 measured externally (in cubic metres). Extensions built after this
date do not count as part of the volume of the original house.
Extensions built as Permitted Development after 1st July 1948 count
cumulatively towards the maximum size permitted."

I read that as including any demolished part but the draftsman could of
course not have thought that far ahead and in any case it is not an
official site.

--
Roger Chapman