Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Freezers: keep warm or keep cold?

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:52:09 +0100, John wrote:

However it does state preferred ambient temperature ranges ... all I
have to do is find the serial number plate to find out which grade ours
is -- I am suspecting the plate is underneath the damn thing, having
failed to find it on the back.

Looked inside it? That is where it is for our fridge and fridge/freezers.

ANYWAY: what's the story? I would have thought that the colder the
room, the better. The thing is: this freezer seems to be running its
condenser quite as much as our ancient thing, that we swopped it for.

Is it cooling to the same, measured, temperature or lower?

There is information on the web about why fridges and freezers have a
designed ambient temperature range. Have a dig for the facts rather than
the unsupported guff already posted. For single compressor
fridge/freezers it is a very real issue as the freezer is part only
cooled when the fridge wants cooling. With a low ambient temp the heat
gain in the fridge will be longer than designed and thus the freezer will
also warm up, possibly above "safe" levels.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail