Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] richardgaywood@gmail.com is offline

Default General advice sought on gravelling a garden

Bookworm wrote:
wrote:

2) lay impermeable plastic layer to kill weeds

It is best to use woven Polypropylene sheet. It allows water through
but weeds will not come through, (though they sometimes grow in the
gravel).

I've had this before though, at a house I used to live at -- weeds in
gravel are no problem as they are very easy to pull up. Weeds rooted in
the earth are a lot harder to get at. I realise no solution will be
totally weed-free, I'm just happy to only have to weed for 5 minutes a
few times a year!