John Walton

Default how to sharpen mini dike cutters, nipper cutters?

I've come to the same conclusion. A good pair of mini-dikes is worth the
investment, so much so that I asked my wife to get me a Xcelta pair of flush
cutters for Christmas -- they were about $70. I've pitched the Xcelite
ones. After a year or so they are just shot.

Jack

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Alan Horowitz wrote:
how to sharpen the mini dike cutters and nipper cutters used in
electrical & electronic work?

They're too small to handle with jigs, and the blades don't even open
very widely. Yet, their utility is directly proportional to how
recently they've been sharpened/honed.

I have tried to do this with swiss files and small pocket sharpening
stones. it really isn't worth the trouble, and they never work as
well as a good new cutter. Yes, I hate to throw them away, too.
But, I have bought some good Xcelite and other cutters that have served
me well for years in light production work. I don't cut drill bits
with them, however.