Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] TVillemure@aol.com is offline

Default Incinolet toilet

wrote:
I'm thinking about one of these for a second bathroom in a "plumbing
challenged" area.
http://www.incinolet.com/
Anyone have any experience with them? Or other suggestions to add a
toilet without adding plumbing? (Aside from chamber pot, LOL!)

When we were growing up we had a gas-fired toilet (instead of electric)
at our camp. It was pretty much junk. It takes a lot of energy to
boil away liquids, a real lot. And when burning 'solids' the smell was
pretty bad - and the neighbors obviously didn't care for that. Then
you have to clean the ash out of it and wash the bowl (gross). Lastly,
with the gas-fired model anyway, the high heat combined with caustic
substances corroded the firebox and created recurring maintenance
problems.

I would rather have a chamber pot or even a composting toilet based on
a five gallon bucket (do a web search) than an incinerator toilet.
Best of all is a regular flush toilet, even if you have to retrofit the
house to get it installed...

That's my 2 cents...