Larry Jaques

Default how to sharpen mini dike cutters, nipper cutters?

On 29 Dec 2003 03:40:00 -0800, (Alan Horowitz)
brought forth from the murky depths:

Larry Jaques
NOT crossposted to 5 groups

you don't think that this subject would elicit interesting and
useful
comments from (for example) folks who hang out in
sci.electronics.repair?

No, I merely pointed out that I did not crosspost the reply.

they use these electronic tools more often than machinists do,
methinks.

True.

the newsgroups were not chosen at random. Half an hour was spent
selecting which groups should be included.

No comment.

when an engine-control is down, I don't have the luxury of sifting
through boxes and boxes of tools - I use what's at hand. If a good
pair of nippers thereby gets ruined, I can't just sent wifey out to
Home depot to buy another pair. I must sharpen it.

So what have you decided on as a method of repair?
I have successfully used a belt sander (including cutting down
the 'land' which holds the handles apart) on my endcutters and
dykes but haven't yet tried hardfacing.

-
Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.
http://diversify.com