Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Keeping brass shiny

On 21 Aug 2006 20:35:45 +0200, No wrote:

MikeG wrote:
Hi,

Is there any product that y'all know of that will prevent brass from
tarnishing/oxidizing? I am just about to inlay some 1/8" diameter brass
rods into a painted piece, and once inlaid, it will be difficult to polish
the inlay should it need it. Thanks for any help.

Mike G

I use spray lacquer.

I've used lacquer before with good results, but I've wondered what is
used on brass lamp shades where they get pretty hot. It seems to me
that lacquer would discolor in that application. Anyone ever tried
lacquer on a brass lamp shade? Or know what is used?
--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com