Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Keeping brass shiny

"MikeG" wrote in message

Is there any product that y'all know of that will prevent brass from
tarnishing/oxidizing? I am just about to inlay some 1/8" diameter brass
rods into a painted piece, and once inlaid, it will be difficult to

polish
the inlay should it need it. Thanks for any help.

My ex FIL, who restored French carriage clocks as a hobby, always used
Farrow and Balls' "eggshell varnish" on the brass parts. AAMOF, my parents
still have a clock that I gave them 35 years ago and it is still as shiny as
new.

"Eggshell varnish" was readily available in the UK at the time, but I've
never seen it here in the US. Might want to DAGS.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/10/06