Posted to alt.home.repair
PK PK is offline

Default soffit vent screens, how to replace?

"Linus" wrote in message ...
house is about 30 years old with soffit vent screens in need of
replacement.

They are imbedded in a cement-wiremesh and am wondering if it is possible
to just cut off the screens, clean, vacuum&blow away any obstructions and
install a new screen by just somehow attaching the new screen in some type
of frame that could be screwed into the vent opening?

in other words, if I cut away the screen in the overhang portion of the
roof, is there a replacement vent&screen that can be retrofitted from the
outside or is this a job that can only be done from inside of the attic?

Linus, sure sounds okay to me ... cut them out and mount new screens/vents
on the surface over the hole. Depends on the look you are looking for - mine
are pretty cheap, mounted on the surface of the soffit and painted the same
color as the soffit/eaves. Looks okay and I tend not to spend too much time
looking at them.

http://www.cornerhardware.com/howto/ht076.html

Mine look just like these ones:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/he_hom...275822,00.html