Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] kkfitzge@fast.net is offline

Default Harbor Freight router table

I have no direct experience using it, just looking at it in the store,
but here are a few observations:

(1) The included router is only 720 W (6 Amps at 120 V), which is more
like 3/4 HP, not the claimed 1 HP. For table use, you'll probably want
something beefier, like 13-15 Amps. I can't tell if you could fit a
larger router to the table

(2) I can't tell the size of the table opening, which is important for
larger bits. Of course, for larger bits, you'd want a more powerful
router.

(3) A total of 180 little bolts, nuts and washers to assemble the
stand? It would just about as quick (and more solid) to build your own
stand out of plywood.

(4) Finally, even on sale, it's not that cheap. Harbor Freight has some
good bang-for-the-buck items, but I don't think this is one of them.
For the same money, I'd suggest that you either:

(A) Buy a good router, like a Hitachi M12V, and build a simple table
and fence, or (B), if you already have a router, get an Incra fence
package. I think either of these will be more satisfactory in the long
run.