Posted to alt.home.repair
souperman@_______.com souperman@_______.com is offline

Default tub creaking

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:09:10 -0400, mm
wrote:

My bathtub goes "crack" or maybe "creak" once every time I get in it,
but I haven't seen the distance between the tub and the tile increase
in a year or two, when I started paying attention. At the end of the
tub with the faucet, it's one mm from the tile near the side wall and
2mm from the tile on the side away from the side wall.

I don't take showers in the tub, only baths there, so I'm not getting
any water into the wall, except the one time the tub overflowed, and
water got on the floor. The creaking is no worse since that happened.

What are the chances the tub will fall through the floor in the next
30 years? :-) What are the chances it will fall through the floor
within say a week or a month of when it clearly shows that it is
sagging worse?? I don't want to waste money fixing it now if it will
never get that bad, but I don't want to damage the ceiling downstairs
etc.

How much do you weigh?