Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gogs Gogs is offline

Default Advice on cooker hoods

wrote:

Get the brochure,
http://www.luxairhoods.com/downloads/brochure04.pdf,
and look at page 7. The diagrams of the chimneys have little black
rectangles on them. These are the vents.

Obviously, if you send the hood output to the outside world, you don't
want to have the fumes coming back into the kitchen, so in that case
you don't use a bit of chimney with a vent!

Hope this helps

Alex.

I understand what this means now, problem is that measurements dont
give you the size of the vent and position of it, ok its at the top but
when tight for space it becomes important.

I have heard you can just use the top (second section) on its own, have
contacted Lux air to see if they can calrify this but they dont seem to
be very clued up.....like me...but then I dont make a living from
selling these hoods