Posted to alt.home.repair
Shane Hecker Shane Hecker is offline

Default Washing machine basket rust - possible to fix, or buy new basket?

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but here goes. There is a
product made by ironout inc. that is supposed to clean out soap scum and
mineral deposits from the washer. It's called washer magic. It's somewhat
expensive, but may be worth looking into. If it is like most products of
this type, they recommend to use it every few months.

"46erjoe" wrote in message
On 30 Jul 2006 10:12:05 -0700, "bryanska"
wrotF:

Hi, I have a 4-year old Kenmore Elite washer:

Serial: CK 4702946

Model# 110 20932993

The basket has spot rusts on it, around a few of the little holes. It's
starting to make rust marks on our clothes.

Is it possible to epoxy over the rust spots? Or will I have to buy a
new basket?

I currently have an Email to Sears to see if it's under warranty.

POR-15 www.por15.com
It's made for car restoration but will solve ANY rusty metal problem.
You don't even have to remove all the rust..
But it's pretty expensive and once the can is opened, it cannot be
closed and re-used.
Comes in only one color - black