Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Washing machine basket rust - possible to fix, or buy new basket?

On 30 Jul 2006 10:12:05 -0700, "bryanska"
wrote:

Hi, I have a 4-year old Kenmore Elite washer:

Serial: CK 4702946

Model# 110 20932993

The basket has spot rusts on it, around a few of the little holes. It's
starting to make rust marks on our clothes.

Is it possible to epoxy over the rust spots? Or will I have to buy a
new basket?

I currently have an Email to Sears to see if it's under warranty.

There's a product called Extend used for automobiles. It reacts with
the rust, seals the metal, and turns black. Follow the directions
carefully. It is best to leave the lid in the open position after
every wash to dry out the basket.