Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Used wrong plug on my camcorder!! hELp!!

wrote:
I accidentally used the wrong power plug for my camcorder. Nothing
happened. It didn't power on or anything. I didn't think much about
it. Then I figured i might have had the wrong plug. When I finally
did find the right plug for it, I plugged it in and nothing happened.
It doesn't turn on, nothing. It was working before I plugged in the
wrong plug.

Help me understand this. You plugged in the wrong adapter. 'Nothing
happened' meaning it didn't work? Did it subsequently work on battery,
or not? Did you try it? What I don't understand, is that you say you
'didn't think much about it'. Why not? Did you use it after that, or
just put it in a drawer somewhere.

If so, 'something's' fried. It's hard to say what, but it needs to be
serviced by a local professional or a service center.

jak

The power adapter it is supposed to take is an 11v plug. The one I
accidentally used is a 9v. Did I blow a board or something? Is this
irreversible?