Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default reappearing drywall crack

In article ,
"Travis Hayes" wrote:

1. Is the spackle bulging now only because I did a ****-poor job, or
maybe because the sheets are actually moving together now? (Perhaps because
of hot summer temperatures?)
2. Was my fix adequate? Should I have put joint tape on, or something
more drastic?
3. What would you do now? (Short of unloading the house-- the wife is
attached now.)

Joint tape is essential. If it wasn't, nobody would bother with
it. In your case, you may want to go one better and put some
drywall screen in the joint. That works like tape, but is much
wider and tougher. It will keep most cracks from coming back,
as long as the house isn't moving.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications