Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Removing Hot Air from Vaulted Ceiling

Todd wrote:
I don't think that my vaulted ceiling is contructed in the way that you
suggest. I think that there aren't seperate channels, but rather an
area in between the rafters and the ceiling joists. I don't think they
are conected to each other, which would, as you suggest, create
seperate channels.

Having the roof decking on one side of the rafters and the the ceiling
on the other is the simplest, cheapest and direct way of creating a
vaulted ceiling and it gives maximum height. If yours is done with
seperate rafters for the roof and ceiling joists with a space in
between, then you could ventilate that by means other than a ridge
vent, like your turbine idea. However, I still think in that case, a
ridge vent is still the way to go.