Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Porter Cable stair routing template

"Woodsy" wrote in message
ups.com...

The problem with plywood jigs is durability. Yep, it's not a problem
to make one, but how many stringers, of varying rises and runs, could I
cut before I would have to make a new template. I have used the cast
iron models and they are at least 30 years old. The only parts that
wear out are the "pointer" and occasioanlly a foot gets lost. They're
like a Timex..."Takes a lickin'..."

True, but how valid is that thought? How long will it take to wear out that
plywood template? 10 years? Two years? How long does it take to knock one
out? Two hours? I believe the point of diminishing returns is just around
the corner.

--

-Mike-