Mark

Default Initial fill of new Propane tank fact or fiction on purge needed

Roy wrote:

Just what is involved with filling a new propane tank. I just bought a
brand new 100# tank. Took it to a gas supplier to get filled, and they
want a $25.00 initial fee supposedly to purge it..........

What a rip off. Far as I knew we purged new tanks for free.

Tanks are purges to prevent odorant fade.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)