Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default mixing plumbing fittings??

"Olly D" wrote in
ups.com:

Is it as they say, tighten by hand as much as poss, and then one full
turn?

I grease the threads lightly so I can feel resistance properly, tighten up
till the pipe is gripped firmly, maybe a bit more - you don't want it
popping out when you turn the water on! - and then pull them up a bit more
if they're weeping.

I'm mortally afraid of overtightening, necking the pipe, specially if
there's only a short bit, because my hovel was previously owned by a
gorilla.

And never ever put a compression fitting in a spot that will be bricked or
tiled over like the ******* professionals who knocked out a wall in my
bog/bathroom did! They may start to weep if disturbed by someone changing a
cistern ball valve.

DAMHIK Grrrr

mike