Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default mixing plumbing fittings??

"Olly D" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm a novice so please don't shoot me down!!!

I'm doing a bathroom remodel and I want to add a few valves (Including
replacement of two valves in loft) My problem is that I'm nervous of
using compression fittings. As I can solder, is it possible to mix the
fittings, for example could I use an end feed tap connector on the
compression ball valve? The threads look the same...

Do not do that. The thread for a compression nut on a fitting is not BSP.
If it is it more lock than anything. Best buy a compression flexible tap
connector with an integral isolation valve.