Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

Default mixing plumbing fittings??

Olly D wrote:
I'm a novice so please don't shoot me down!!!

I'm doing a bathroom remodel and I want to add a few valves (Including
replacement of two valves in loft) My problem is that I'm nervous of
using compression fittings. As I can solder, is it possible to mix the
fittings, for example could I use an end feed tap connector on the
compression ball valve? The threads look the same...

Or is there a better method?

use the compression joints as they are supposed to be used and you
shoulnt have much problems, do not over tighten the compression fitting
and make sure you check all joints after refilling with water. if still
in doubt get plenty of buckets!