Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
me me is offline

Default Jet Mini or Myford ML8...

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner looking to purchase a lathe. Mostly interested
in bowls, vases, vessels, etc, but will experiment with other things.
To learn on, I was planning on buying a Jet Mini VS. But a friend of a
friend recently said that he'd sell me his ML8. It is in good
condition and comes with several face plates. My first question is, is
one of the two lathes better than the other for a beginner (or just
better in general)? And the second is, if you wanted an ML8, what
would you pay for it? Searching the internet shows them selling for
anywhere from $150 to $1,800!

Thanks for your help.