Posted to rec.woodworking

Default trunnion misalignment

RayV wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
BobS wrote:

If your email address is valid, I can send the posts directly to you have
the two tie-bar style undercarriage or I can repost them if they're
applicable.

Yes it is, and I would appreciate it. OTOH, it might be useful to others
to repost them.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

I agree with Larry, a repost would help others (like me) who have this
problem with their contractor saw.

I got mine fixed. I decided to shim the front trunnion down a lot (1/16") so
I'd be sure if it was moving things in the right direction. Turns out it was
exactly what I needed. A whole 1/16" of an inch! Sheesh! I've had the saw
at least 15 years. It had been a while since I tilted the blade, but it
wasn't over a few years ago. And it was OK then. I wonder what put it out
of alignment? Oh, well, the problem's fixed so I won't worry about the whys
of it.

But I, and apparently at least one other, would still like to see the article.

--
It's turtles, all the way down