Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rdglide03-dbasedos@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lawn Mower Overflow

The usual fix is a carburetor kit which includes a
new needle valve. If the seat is worn a carburetor replacement may be
needed.
If you take notice, the carb manafold runs downward to the intake
valve. If they had reversed the exhaust/intake ports the fuel overflow
would not be as serious a problem. Maybe a little different problem
but wouldn't contaminate the oil.
The float needle valve seat is simply a rubber O-ring type of thing.
Very replaceable. I put a shut off valve on the fuel line as a quick
fix rather than removing the carb. Then I reasoned a blast of air into
the fuel line would plow the bugger out of there. I removed the float
bowl, float and needle valve. Then I put a clean white rag below the
carb and let blast. Sure enough, heard a pop and there it was in the
rag. The replacement rubber seat for my engine had a right and wrong
side for installation. It is a PIA getting the new one fully seated.