Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default How to cut bricks?

Walter R. wrote:
I am covering a patio with bricks, laid in sand. In order to cut starter
bricks and to follow a curve, I need to cut about 20 bricks along the short
dimension (4"). These are "split pavers", 1 1/4" thick.

I have a 7" circular saw. Can I use this saw to cut brick and what kind of
blade should I use?

Thanks

Dry Wet Concrete and Masonry Saw blade in my Black and Decker Hand
Rotary saw. I cut about forty paving stones square and at angles for the
driveway, lots of dust until I sprinkled a little water on the work
before cutting.
I made a wooden holder a bit like a mitre box to hold the stone and
clamped it in a Workmate.

I was surprised at how easy it was apart from the noise and stone dust.

Good Luck