Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default How to cut bricks?

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:47:22 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Walter R." quickly quoth:

I am covering a patio with bricks, laid in sand. In order to cut starter
bricks and to follow a curve, I need to cut about 20 bricks along the short
dimension (4"). These are "split pavers", 1 1/4" thick.

I have a 7" circular saw. Can I use this saw to cut brick and what kind of
blade should I use?

Try these chisels for just a couple dozen bricks. They're cheap and
work well.

Wet saws will get you along more quickly if you have 1,000 bricks to
shape, but they start at $200.

-
In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare
------
http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development