Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Gable Mounted Attic Fans

Ken wrote:

Although your suggestion there is little benefit to power venting an
attic if the purpose is simply to cool it, many homes have the furnace
and air handler installed in the attic. I have such a home, and the
impact of keeping the attic temperature lower so as to minimize the
impact on the cooling coil can be dramatic. My home has gable ends
with a power vent in two gables. There is also another gable for air
intake along with several eave vents.

That is why I tried to indicate the differences between cooling the
attic and the reason to do so. Your example is one of several very good
reasons to want to cool the attic itself. Thanks for helping clarify the
subject.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit