Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Gable Mounted Attic Fans

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 02:03:13 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:

You'll need to pick the time you work up in the attic
carefully; if hot up there you put yourself at risk working.

I do stuff like this at dawn. If I were sure I wouldn't fall through
the "floor", I might start at 2 or 3 in the morning, depending on how
long I thought the job would take.

People will probabl say bad things about this, but in this case, I
would put a heavy duty plug on the end of the cable that comes with
the fan, or something so it would plug into a heavy duty extension
cord no longer than necessary, put in the extra wood and four screws
or whatever the instructions say, then get the heck out of the attic
and plug it in to an outlet on the floor below. If so, then dawn
would be early enough to start.

Then the fan will keep it not so hot as before, and when there was a
cool day, I'd go up and finish it right.

Jim