Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] yellowbirddog@hotmail.com is offline

Default Disposals compatible with septic systems?

wrote:
We believe the seller of the house we have had a disposal but there is
none in the sink now. Are there negatives or pitfalls combining the
two? Our son and DIL have the combination and haven't reported
problems but I guess a "second opinion" could benefit us. Thoughts
welcomed.

Disposals are compatible with septic systems. Just be sure to have the
tank pumped out at the proper intervals for the size of tank and number
of persons using the system.

See the chart on this page to get a ballpark estimate for pump-out
frequency:

http://www.montana.edu/wwwpb/pubs/mt9403.html