Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Redwood Deck

Thank you for taking the time to reply, and also for sending me the url.
So far, I am unable to access the site, but will keep trying.

This is one thing I liked about CWF. My neighbor's deck was dry in two
hours, and I walked on it barefoot and did not have any residue on my
feet.

I have used Olympic before, at another house, and this certainly was not
the case.

I am anxious to open the site you sent to me, and wanted to thank you.

Corinne
buffalobill wrote:

after all that sanding, maybe just enjoy the color of the wood itself
for a bit?
if you want to go with an oil product like this one describes, you will
still have to reclean and recoat every year or two. it is less likely
to peel. it notes it is for soft woods. it recommends a different latex
prouct it makes for hardwoods and for pressure treated woods. we have a
ten year old pressure treated deck and i'm sorry we ever started latex
staining it, i don't want to recoat it every year, and it looks bad
after one year. i'm going to let the weather work it off and leave it
alone.
i just can't imagine how you don't track oil on your feet and sneakers
ffrom an oil treated surface in and out of the house all day, with or
without pets, as you try to enjoy your deck.

see nice product info sheet, australia, at:
http://www.floodaustralia.net/brochures/5234cwf.pdf

Corinne wrote:

I purchased a seven year old home a year ago.

Yesterday I finished re-sanding the entire deck.

Has anyone ever used CWF Clear Wood Finish? I am wondering if this is a
good route to go. My neighbor did his deck with this finish, and it
looks beautiful, and is not tacky like Olypic Stain can be. He recently
did this, so I have no idea what it will look like a year from now.

This group is so knowledgeable, that I thought I would post for help again.

TIA,

Corinne