Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default What to do with unused electrical wiring

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hopefully there's a quick and easy answer to my question that I can't
find on the web. I'd like to remove a wall switch controlling a light
in my house (it's a 3-way switch and I decided I don't need this end of
it). My question is what I need to do with the wiring to the switch. It
will still be live because the circuit will still be active. Do I need
to pull it all the out from the electrical breaker box? Or can I just
tape it up, maybe put a plastic wire nut on it and leave it inside the
wall? I have very basic electrical skills (can wire lights, outlets,
etc.) so let me know if this is beyond my expertise. Thanks in advance
for the help.

Best thing to do is leave it alone in case you change your mind or sell the
house and the next owner wants it. I can't think of a singe reason to take
it out even if not used. If your wife has a headache, would you cut your
testicles off because they are not needed right now?