jim rozen

Default Phas a matic Rotary Converter Rip Off?

In article , TSJABS says...

I have never seen the need to be
running an idler if you are only going to be operatiing motors of fractional or
up to 1 or 2 horsepower.

One reason that a rotary converter might be preferred is
that it provides plug (instant) reversing for dynamic
braking and for operations such as threading to a shoulder.

biggie, repairs are quick, cheap and easy and no big motor sitting running
turning the ole power meter faster.

A 5 hp idler motor consumes about 200 watts of power when unloaded.
That's a *lot* less than the lighting load in my basement shop,
so I don't consider power draw to be a disadvantage to rotary
converters.

Jim

please reply to: