Jim Wilson

Default Phas a matic Rotary Converter Rip Off?

Steve Koschamnn wrote...
Second question... can I parallel a standard 2HP 3 phase motor with this 1
HP unit and try to get a 3 HP converter going? Should I balance the phases
of the 1 HP unit and or the combined 1 and 2 HP (=3 HP) units?

You can definitely increase your power capacity by adding another idler
motor. You might want to start the 2HP motor first, and then run the 1HP
off that, but with no load on either motor, I'd hazard (!) a guess that
you won't damage anything going the other way around. I don't know for
sure on the balancing question, but I suspect you want to balance the
phases and power factor with both motors running, and perhaps with a
"typical" load (electrical) applied.

Jim