Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default Neighbor disputes my property line location

Jim:

I do not understand why you have this hostile atitude towards my queries. I
find the answers provided here very informative. Why would you assume that
this is the only place I am soliciting answers? Why would you assume I did
not hire a lawyer? Why do you assume you have the complete picture based on
several posts made by me on different subjects? I think what I am asking is
a common sense question that probably needs a common sense answer before I
resort to legal channels, so if next time someone walks the dog and let the
dog crap on my front door, and I ask for advise would your advise be to hire
a lawyer too? See my answers to your questions inline below.

MC

"Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin wrote in message
news

You have a terrible record of asking very important financial and legal
questions here.
Your first one was your series of questions about IRS liens, IIRC.

Yes, the property has an IRS lien. The lien last ten years if it does not
refile. I bought the property ten days after the ten year anniversary
expired. It is the job of the title company to search and handle this
matter. They have verified that no refiling has occured and even if so it
would be against the previous owner and would not have transferred to the
property since the ownership has changed. I have purchased title insurance.
In fact, I have paid for title insurance for the lender AND title insurance
for myself for extra insurance.

You have persisted in asking those very important financial and legal
questions here with resect to this transaction despite being advised
literally dozens of times by at least a half dozen people that you should
hire a real estate lawyer in Dade County to get your legal advice.
Apparently, you

Why do you assume I did not hire an RE lawyer to handle the transaction? Is
hiring a lawyer and seeking common sense advise mutually exclusive?

What does the lawyer who represented you in this transaction say about the
car on the property which you allege is yours?

Transaction is over. I own the property now. The closing happened a month
ago. My lawyer is no longer involved.

You noticed the car before the closing and after the survey, right?

Yes.

You told your lawyer about the car before the closing, right?

No. It is irrelevant. I do not understand your point. At the time I
purchased the property there is a tenant occupying the house. I naturally
assumed the car is his. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

Your lawyer did advise you to get buyer's title insurance, right?

Yes, and I did.

You took your lawyer's advice and bought buyer's title insurance, right?

What is your point?

Go to your lawyer and the title insurance company and have them handle

this.

Oh, you didn't hire a lawyer ? You wetre saving money on a multi hundred
thousand dollar invesmen, so you didn't want to spend $ 2 grand?

You didn't get buyer's title insurance because on a multi hundred

thousand
dollar investment you wanted to save $ 1,500?

Sad.

But at least you saved lawyer's fees and the buyer's title insurance
premium.

You are too inept to own property.

The problem, I think is that truly intelligent people know they are
intelligent, the not so intelligent ones know they are not so intelligent.
The truly stupid people are too stupid to know they are stupid and they
actually think they are smart. So they sit at the bottom of a well, keep
looking up and keep telling others how small and round the sky is.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.