Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbor disputes my property line location

Goedjn wrote:
Any advise?

Decide which you value more, a happy neighbor, or your
property. You're not going to get both.

That is NUTS. Would you give away 9 feet of your
property to your neighbor? I doubt it.

I might, depending on the property in question, and
whether the neighbor in question ****es me off.

I say build the fence, 6 feet high, move his car yourself,
and if the neighbor wants to sue let him.

Once he realizes he can't intimidate you he will cool off.

After you check and make sure the land is yours and if he refuses to
move the car - see if you can have the car towed. You can claim it was
abandoned on your property. If the former owner was paying his taxes
properly and he must have been or you would have found out at the
closing, the neighbor has not been paying taxes on that piece of land.
You can verify it with property appraiser's office. I am in Pinellas
Co. FL and the property appraiser here has a web site showing who owns
what. Check the Dade Co. web site and see if you can find out anything
online.