Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

Default Neighbor disputes my property line location

Quote:

"The Miami-Dade County Property Appraiser uses the "My Home"
Geographic Information System application to provide Real Property
information on individual parcels of land. Through the use of
up-to-date technology and the Internet, you are now able to search our
database and find information on almost any parcel of land in
Miami-Dade County. You can view a detailed map of the parcel area and
print property information. A text only version is available for a
faster response time. Click the button below to begin.''

Link:

http://www.miamidade.gov/pa/property_search.asp

I suspect you will be able to view most all you need here to clarify
the property bounders. Our local government allows me to see
measurements, etc. Let the guy look at his own property on-line.
Oren

My county in N. Illinois, also has on line aerial views of all properties
with property lines superimposed. However they point out that the lines are
for reference only and not a legal survey. In my case, the lines are a good
20 to 30 feet to the South of where the actual survey that I just had done,
shows the real line to be. So I would suspect that Miami/Dade may have a
similar warning on their website. In fact in my case, the surveyor pointed
out that the hand drawn picture of a circular drive separating my property
from my neighbor to the North had been misinterpreted as a full circle
coming back toward my house (it leads down to the river) but in reality only
circles until it is headed directly towards the river and then from there on
is straight. Mute point as it was never actually put in.

Tom G.